Wednesday 2 October 2013

Neuschwanstein & Germany (Deutschland)

Yesterday, we drove by car to a castle called Neuschwanstein, 2 hours from where we were staying in Austria. 

This is not what we saw - too many clouds when we went


Our carriage - left horse 14 yrs, right horse 7 yrs

When we were on our way up to the line to get on the carriage, I saw a Neuschwanstein pin to add to my collection on my hat so I bought it from my own money. Neuschwanstein (the castle) was on top of a hill and since Addison would be complaining about her legs getting tired half way up, we paid to sit on a carriage while horses pulled us up the hill. 



The castle front entrance was about 15m high, coloured orange with a massive door to enter in.  We had to wait until our tour number popped on this little screen so we could line up and get to our tour but the problem with the tour was that it was in German.  We then scanned our tickets and entered inside the actual castle where a tour guide came and started to say stuff in german - I didn’t understand it. 



After we went through the gift shop that was in the castle, I didn’t get anything but my mum got a cutting board. 



We then had to jog down the hill to get to Jim’s car because it was after one, and we needed to be there by then. We got to the car at 1:15 and we left straight away. It took us 7 hours and during those 7 hours, I had a sleep, played on my Ipod and just looked at the different things outside the window.  When we got there, we met Jim’s wife, Edith and she cooked us a beautiful dinner and also dessert.  We had to sleep in beds that were already made for us - but the problem was that the pillows were european and they were very FLAT!!!!!! (full of feathers). That day was very tiring but interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment